14 November 2009

fits and starts


This week I thought a little bit more about the potential winter quilting project (that, of course, knowing me, is likely to never happen haha). When surfing YouTube for tutorial videos on how to quilt, I ran across this video which describes a little bit about traditional English hexagon patchwork. After watching that video I thought, hmmmb, perhaps I could draw up a pattern for myself on paper, cut out the shapes, and then sew the fabric around the paper - just like one would if composing a traditional hexagon quilt? Who knows, it might work, or it seems like it would? The paper template idea makes a lot of sense in terms of composing the damn thing - mostly because the shapes are not at all regular ones. All that is angular is good here because I know that round is hard to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment